Wednesday 5 December 2018

My Cat Sooty

Prompt: A day in the life of your pet.

I watch as she picks up her bag and puts on her coat and I know that that means she is heading out. Sure enough, a few minutes later, I hear her shout ‘Bye Sooty’ and she is gone. Why she insists on calling me that I don’t know. I’ve never responded to it. Sooty indeed! I’ve told her several times that my name is Empress!
As soon as the door closes I’m up and into the kitchen. Sometimes she is only gone a few minutes, so I need to be quick. I love the cookies that she keeps in the cupboard, but when I jump onto the kitchen sides to get at them, she always shhh’s me off. I can smell that there are some there today, so I jump up onto the side and paw at the cupboard. If it’s loose then I can sometimes paw it open: once I even got a cookie.
I was so engrossed in my desperate attempt to get a cookie that I didn’t hear her come back.
“Get down off there Sooty!” she shouted.

I jumped down and ran for it but not before I shouted over my shoulder at her, “It’s Empress not Sooty!”

No comments:

Post a Comment