Thursday 20 July 2017



I Remember.....
by Vicki Taylor

I remember you with fondness
   As I think of all we shared,
   The good times and the bad ones,
   You always showed you cared.

I remember you with gratitude
   For all you did for me,
   You made me look to my future
   So that I had the courage to be.

I remember you with pain
   As I have a heart that’s broke in two,
   And a pain that twists inside me
   Every time I think of you.

I remember you with joy
   As you were one of the best,
   You always put us children first
   Even when we were being a pest.

I remember you with pride
   For all that you went through,
   We shared lots of tears together
   But we had lots of good laughs too.

I remember you with anger
   As even without you life goes on,
   And I never wanted to have to
   Live life with you being gone.

I remember you with hope
   Because I know you watch us still,
   You cry and laugh along with us
   And I know that you always will.

I remember you with love
   And I tell you that each day,
   As well as all the things you miss
   Because you went away.

I remember you with hurt
   As I lost both mum and friend,
   And life goes on day by day
   But this broken heart won’t mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment